How to deal with Brexit?
Will it be a Brexit, a Brino (Brexit In Name Only) with a longer transition period or will the British go for a new referendum? Let's assume a hard Brexit. What should you arrange to ensure that your European Distribution concerns can continue to occur?
Broekman Logistics is happy to help you in this uncertain time around the Brexit!
Centralising your European and Continental Warehousing & Distribution.
Are you a UK-based company currently exporting to Europe, or a non-European company, e.g. from Canada, United States, Japan, India, currently supplying the European market from a UK based EDC, then it might be a good alternative to transfer (part of) your stock to Continental Europe.
Even if the Brexit will not be a hard Brexit, the upcoming transition period might mean another 2 more years of uncertainty. In case of a hard Brexit, the consequences are even more uncertain.
With these events in mind, reconsidering your European Supply Chain strategy is an action worth taking. At Broekman Logistics, we are ready to support you with these matters.
Broekman Logistics has warehouse facilities at strategic locations in, amongst others, the Port of Antwerp, the Port of Rotterdam and in Venlo and Born, near the German border. From these strategically located warehouses with access to multi-modal connections, you can easily reach your customers all over the EU.
In case you are considering shifting your warehouse facilities to the continent, Broekman Logistics is able to support you in determining the best possible locations based on a thorough gravity study. For overseas companies, Broekman Logistics is able to offer fiscal representation and customs services, as well as freight forwarding solutions, to completely lighten your burden in these uncertain times.
Are you importing into the United Kingdom from European countries?
We have the customs knowledge, experience and software that you most probably will not have. That is why you can make the best use of our expertise, hand over the declaration, so that you can concentrate on the core business. Broekman Logistics ensures that you notice as little as possible of any trade barriers.
Broekman Logistics is ready to support both UK, European as well as global companies with the right documents and freigt forwarding services into the United Kingdom.
How do you handle customs declarations?
The number of returns is probably low (also after the Brexit), if you have an extensive product range with associated HS codes and product codes dependent procedures, it is a burden relief to outsource this via Broekman Logistics. Broekman Logistics: an expert with customs knowledge.
Where will you be involved in European Distribution after the start of Brexit?
- Border controls & customs formalities will take more time: to reduce this time it is an acceleration to distribute the inspections to their own business locations and AEO certified companies could even think of starting priority procedures for certain goods flows to and from the United Kingdom.
- VAT and Excise: Intra-Community acquisitions will be considered as imports and exports with significant consequences for the pre-financing of VAT and the cash flow position of companies. The incoterms will probably change. Foreign companies that currently have a Dutch VAT number must appoint a tax representative in the Netherlands after Brexit to prevent pre-financing VAT on import. The UK will also be outside the EU Excise Tax Framework when leaving the EU, which could result in tariff and non-tariff consequences.
- Dual-use goods: in connection with the stringent safety requirements regarding the export and transit of dual-use goods, a separate export license will have to be requested for this in some cases.
- Chemical products and REACH regulation: in the context of the REACH regulation, the classification, labeling, packaging, registration and authorisation of chemical products could have significant consequences and could lead to trade barriers.
- After the Brexit, the UK could decide to change the requirements associated with the CE markings. Exporters who want to export goods to the United Kingdom may already have to take this into account in their production process, which has implications for the documentation.
Would you like to understand more about optimising your Supply Chain for the Brexit, do not hesitate to contact us!